Here on our resources page, you’ll find a library of documents and articles to help you understand what we do at Coastline International and how our nearshore manufacturing services can benefit your business.
What Is Nearshore Contract Manufacturing?
Nearshore contract manufacturing allows you to outsource your manufacturing to Mexico without having to purchase and staff your own facility. Instead, you can partner with an experienced nearshore manufacturing company that employs its own trained workforce, operates state-of-the-art facilities, and maintains ISO Quality System for the manufacturing and assembly of various medical devices, electronics, and industrial products. By choosing contract manufacturing, you can lower your risk, minimize investment, and reduce the time and cost of moving your manufacturing to Mexico. Coastline International has been managing the import-export and manufacturing of other companies’ goods for 40 years.
Benefits of Manufacturing in Tijuana
There are many advantages associated with nearshore manufacturing in Mexico. These include:
- Shipping is faster, easier, and more predictable
- Import/Export management: finished goods are delivered to USA
- Highly skilled, educated workforce that is treated fairly
- Communication and ease of travel thanks to Tijuana’s close proximity to the United States
- Trade agreements represent significant cost savings to your business
- Better intellectual property protection compared to other countries
- FDA-registered facilities with ISO Class 8 clean rooms and advanced technologies for manufacturing state-of-the-art medical devices, electronics, and healthcare products
Coastline International has been a manufacturing partner of many leading medical and electronics companies since 1982.
Below, we have included links from across the web relevant to nearshore manufacturing in Mexico, including news about the industry, manufacturing trends, benefits, tariffs, and advice on selecting contract manufacturing partners.
- USMCA vs. NAFTA: What Are the Differences? (October 2020)
- Manufacturing in China Got You Down? Make a Run for the Border (February 2020)
- What US Companies Should Know about Expanding Manufacturing to Mexico: Supply Chain Dive (September 2019)
- US to 'Indefinitely' Suspend Mexico Tariffs (June 2019)
- How to Select the Right Contract Manufacturer: Medical Design & Outsourcing (May 2019)
- 7 Trends That Have Made Medical Device Manufacturing What It Is Today (March 2019)
- Rising Tariffs Lead to Increased Nearshore Manufacturing in Mexico (Dec 2018)
- Critical Considerations When Selecting a Contract Manufacturing Partner (Nov 2017)
- Reasons Why Manufacturing in Tijuana Will Give You a Competitive Advantage (June 2017)
These documents and white papers take a deeper dive into electronics and medical device manufacturing in Mexico.
- White Paper: Medical Device Manufacturing in Mexico
- White Paper: Manufacturing in Mexico
- White Paper: Electronics Manufacturing in Mexico
- White Paper: Aerospace Defense Industries in Mexico
As you can see in this chart, manufacturing employment in Mexico is steadily rising as more companies transfer their production in order to access a low-cost labor market of skilled workers.
Manufacturing employment in Mexico on the rise
Tijuana: a medical device manufacturing center for North America
Tijuana, Mexico has become one of the central hubs for medical device manufacturing in North America. This infographic highlights some of the reasons why Tijuana in particular has attracted interest from this sector.