Experienced. Qualified. Responsive.
We know the market expects timely delivery of a quality product. Our experience, qualifications, and responsiveness helps our client consistently meet those demands.
40 Years of Electronics Contract Manufacturing
Coastline has manufactured electronic and industrial products, such as custom battery packs, wire harness assemblies, aerospace and construction accessories for the OEM community since 1982. We have always been committed to meeting the demanding quality standards associated with electronics manufacturing and assembly of industrial and consumer products in Mexico.
Consistent Quality at Lower Cost
Client companies typically find the cost of our manufacturing services to be 30% or more below other contractors or the client's own in-house costs. Our clients also know we are fiercely committed to meeting their expectations for product quality, delivery, and service. Our Electronics Division operates under ISO 9001 (ISO 9001:2015) certified compliance. In addition, since Coastline is a nearshore manufacturer, OEM clients may also benefit from lower transportation costs and reduced transit time.
Major Product Categories
- Custom battery packs & battery pack assembly
- Cable & wire harness assembly
- PCB & box build assemblies
- Consumer products
- Rivets, fasteners, supports
- Aerospace component subassembly and tooling
- Commercial construction accessories
- Manual assembly of components and subassemblies
- Secondary manufacturing processes
- Soldering & potting
- PCB through hole component soldering
- Conformal coating and potting
- Packaging and bagging - finished product
- Private labeling - printing and application
- Lean Manufacturing principles
Procurement and Logistics
- Materials management
- Alternate source suggestions
- Import/export management
Coastline minimizes customer investment of time and resources by handling all logistics for transporting (importing as appropriate) all raw materials and components to its manufacturing facility in Tijuana Mexico.
We are highly experienced in import/export matters and can ship finished goods from our facility to any US destination. We can also ship to nearly any global destination outside the US.
- Quality assurance testing
- Part measurement
- First article inspection
- Production qualifications
- Process qualifications
- Fixture qualifications
- Multi-run validations
- IQ - OQ - PQ
- Manufacturer of UL Certified Products
- ISO Certified
Mexico Electronics Manufacturing
Electronics contract manufacturing gives you the opportunity to make cost-effective business decisions without risking the quality of your finished goods.
"Coastline has been doing custom assembly of our very complex battery packs in various chemistries for over 10 years ... the quality has been 100% ... has also reduced our manufacturing costs and has put less stress on our own assembly facility ... We highly recommend Coastline."
— President, large custom battery manufacturer
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an electronics contract manufacturing company?
Contract manufacturing companies, such as Coastline International, work with companies like yours to handle all your manufacturing needs. From acquiring the raw materials, overseeing the entire production process, and shipping/transporting of the finished product, contract manufacturers handle all aspects of manufacturing so you don’t have to.
When it comes to electronics, these manufacturing companies work through the entire process - design, assembly/manufacturing, and testing of electronic goods - before they transport the finished goods. We can also provide support for specific subassemblies in the event further processing is required for the finished goods.
What are the benefits of Mexico electronics manufacturing?
Outsourcing your manufacturing is always a smart business decision. But opting to stay close to home (known as nearshoring) using electronics contract manufacturing in Mexico is the best choice. This is primarily due to all the benefits, including:
- Faster and more convenient shipping than other outsourcing locations. Mexico is a day trip from anywhere in the U.S. which means the shipping and transportation of finished goods can happen quickly. In some instances, same-day and next-day delivery may be possible.
- A quality workforce that meets high-performance standards. They are trained and adaptable to meet the needs of your product.
- Easy communication with your manufacturer. When your manufacturing is outsourced, communication is key. Being in (or near) the same time zone helps with communication during business hours. And, if a trip to the facility is warranted, you can make it there and back the same day if necessary.
- Protection for your Intellectual Property. Unlike other areas known for their contract manufacturing, Mexico is a trusted partner that you can hold accountable.
- Tax benefits. The Maquiladora program provides tax exemptions and reduced tariffs to foreign countries that decide to operate in Mexico. Plus, you can export products to the U.S. at reduced tariffs.
Will I encounter any issues with transporting my materials/finished goods to and from Mexico?
Absolutely not. In fact, it is easier and safer for your materials and finished goods to travel in and out of Tijuana, Mexico (the location of our facility) rather than any other popular outsourcing country. Thanks to trade agreements, less restrictive import of raw materials, and being in close proximity to the United States, shipping and transportation are relatively easy.
You won’t find your finished goods sitting out in open waters for weeks making it from one continent to another. And you won’t pay heavy transportation costs, either. Your goods can be shipped quickly in a flexible and cost-effective manner.
How can I get more information about nearshoring?
If you are ready to get started with Mexico contract manufacturing and take advantage of all the benefits that come with it, then Coastline International can help. Remember, we have decades of experience and we are highly-qualified to handle your electronics manufacturing needs.
Whether you have questions or you are ready to get started, our professional team is here for you. Call us at (888) 748-7177.